Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Perfect Timing


I love when I am having a bad day and I have a friend send a random message that changes things around or, in this case, gives hope. I don't want to over spiritualize it, but sometimes it seems God knows exactly when I need to be affirmed from just the right person. (I hope you don't mind that I'm posting this.)

I received a great Facebook message from a friend today who I often lose contact with and must keep up with via Facebook (isn't that the case a lot of the time.)

Love keeping up with you. You have some of the most handsome boys I've ever seen! I've been thinking of you a ton lately. My neighbor's marriage is falling apart and it is super sad but I was just realizing that I have never seen someone handle their marriage ending with the grace that you did. I love to hear that you are healing and moving on. Praying for your future! XOXO

It doesn't always feel like everything that I did during the ending of my marriage was worth it. There are days where I wish I would've just walked away. Sure I can go on about how I experienced what is described in Romans 5:2-4 "...And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character; hope."

Honestly, some days it just stinks. I have some days where I realize that, while I changed a lot for the good, I also changed a lot for the worse. My suffering certainly produced perseverance (as my old blog was accurately titled), character and hope...but it also produced scars and built walls. It causes me to withdraw and isolate.

Today I am reminded that, sadly, I am not alone in this, but also that it is not about me and never was. God has and will continue to use it. Thank you dear friend for the hope I needed today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment