Saturday, October 13, 2012

Preschool Theology and Life's Toughest Questions




When Austin was 4, I remember answering similar questions from him.

Tonight, Ryan asked me some of life's toughest questions on the way home from church.

Why do people die?
Who is Jesus?
Why did He die on the cross?
What is sin?
Will Papa die?
Who will drive our cars if we die?
I don't want to die.

So the last one is a statement, but most people would freak out if their 4-year-old asked these questions. Me? Well, I smiled and thanked God for His Love and Jesus, and gave my son answers filled with hope and eternity with our Creator. He still doesn't want to die, but I don't blame him. That's a difficult one for a 4-year-old who can't imagine God will have more awesome toys than the ones he has now.

No comments:

Post a Comment