Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Is Risen Indeed!

 1 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 
3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.  
4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes 
that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 
5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground,
but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead?  
6 He is not here; he has risen!  
Luke 24:1-6

Happy Resurrection Day everyone! Today is THE day. Without today, there is no risen Lord. Without today there is no Christianity. Without today, there is no new life. Today is the day He turned the dark into light. He conquered death. As we reflected this morning, we celebrate the past of Jesus' death and resurrection, the present knowing He is STILL alive today and the future of His coming again to make all things new. What a glorious promise to EVERYONE...

But Christ really has been raised from the dead. He is the first of all those who will rise. Death came because of what a man did. Rising from the dead also comes because of what a man did. Because of Adam, all people die. So because of Christ, all will be made alive.
1 Cor 15:20-22

I spent the morning in my old high school gym, with people I have never met and a church I have never attended. What an AMAZING party and celebration of Christ today!!! I felt as close to home as I ever have...praising, singing, dancing, worshiping, not feeling judged, but truly like a family. I don't remember anyone's names, but they are my family. It was such an odd feeling to feel like you fit in somewhere you have never been. I felt alive. I felt free. 

While worshiping, we also celebrated in prayer and baptism. A man gave his testimony and something he said stood out to me. Something which is true for so many people. He said he thought that by doing whatever he wanted and by living by his own choices he was free. It wasn't until he put his faith in Christ and started reading and following Him did he truly experience what freedom was. The concept of dying to yourself and letting the Holy Spirit take over to make you free is hard for those who have never experienced it to understand. It is something I pray that I would be able to show people through my life and explain clearly because a life following Christ is a life without chains.

So, next week we will be going back to Mariners Church's campus in Mission Viejo to see where we can can get involved and plugged into out community. Life is good. Jesus is alive! And it is all because of Jesus I am alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment