Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm Letting Go...

I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
I’m losing control
Of my destiny
It feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go
Album: My Paper Heart
Artist: Francesca Battistelli
 

I am letting go...it feels like I am falling...giving into Your gravity...I'm not afraid
I can't think of a better way to describe life right now. After realizing the things I have been holding onto - my fears, my money, my future, my past, my expectations, I am letting go of them all and placing them at the foot of the cross. Freedom from my own bondage. After all, Christ already freed me from being slave to these things, I just have had a hard time letting go of them. I am ready to be clay. I am ready to be molded and used. I am expecting more tough times, as molding, kneading and shaping a lump of clay into a bowl is not easy or comfortable, but I am ready.

I am ready to let go of my expectations for my life and to just be. Be obedient. Be loving. Be faithful. Be a disciple. Be a light. Be true to who God made me to be. I am ready to be me. 

This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace
The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone

No comments:

Post a Comment