Saturday, June 23, 2012

Don't give up

I've spent a lot of my free time at working trying to build a relationship with a young (well, she's 25) woman. I really like her and we have become pretty good "work" friends. I've been praying for a chance to build a deeper relationship and get a chance to share my story and the Gospel with her. I've been stopping at her desk a few times a day and have been letting her into my life. A few weekends ago, we were going to get together for a baseball game and she had to cancel. I was discouraged and thought that maybe my effort wasn't worth it.

Until Friday.

We were chatting about our weekend and I mentioned that I was volunteering at a water station for my friend's century ride that he and his dad created. She started asking me about the things I volunteer for and expressed interest in doing similar. For the first time she also expressed interest in going to church. She doesn't know much about Christianity except for what her husband has told her and it seems that he has been hurt by the church or Christians. She expressed genuine interest in going to church with me and my boys.

I am so humbled that God would use me just to plant a seed in her like this - whether or not she goes to church with us, I was able to tell her a bit about Christianity. I especially let her know that if it was a list of rules, religion or perfection, I would have never signed up for it. I hope to get a chance to go to lunch with her this week and hear more of her story and her experiences.

God has had her on my heart for a while now. Please join me in praying for her heart to be open to receiving what I say. Pray for my words and intentions to be removed and for the Holy Spirit to speak through me according to His will.


No comments:

Post a Comment